The First Half Of 2015
A prolonged period of international travel, as a honeymoon + sabbatical. Highlights:
- Glad-handing at a leather-working convention in Milan.
- Fist-sized hunks of gorgonzola bought with pocket change in Scandicci.
- Bathing in Bartosz at LambdaCon in Bologna.
- Holing-up in a little mountain village in Andalusia, and getting lost for hours hiking across the mountains, and finally arriving at a cheese festival and drinking beer and eating cheese and feeling delighted to be alive.
- Reading every damn word in Bret Victor's codex.
- Trying VR with a fetishist ("No, the other kind of leather") in Tromsø.
- Sneaking into a military base in Bergen to watch Jaga Jazzist (we couldn't afford tickets).
- Catching a weird opera with pigs and schoolchildren in Frankfurt.